As you all know, Richard and I headed to London last weekend. We got there early Friday morning and spent a lovely few days wandering around, checking out galleries, walking around the Camden market and hanging out with friends! My favourite part of London was going to Gordon's wine bar. It is the oldest wine bar in London (1890) and probably one of the oldest in the world. We enjoyed some bottles of wine with a plateau of cheese, cold cuts and baguette. Mmmm.
London is not my favourite city. I do love all the old buildings and the amount of various things going on at any time. Interesting bars, places, jobs, galleries and people are certainly not lacking. I guess I'm just a small-city girl after all. I enjoy being able to walk into town on a night out, or at least take a short bus or cab ride. To not pay exorbitant prices for a meal or pint. And especially, to have miles and miles of nature so close by. But it's a great city to visit!
On the Sunday, we took a quick train ride down to Brighton to stay with a friend of Richard's. This day was definitely my favourite part of our trip. We walked along the coast, explored the pier, had lunch at a cute cafe, visited an art gallery and walked around some more! After a long day of wandering, we had some tea and Richard's friend showed us how to make origami cranes. We then had a nice evening chatting at the local pub! I loved Brighton.
No comments:
Post a Comment