Hi all. I realize that my blog posts have recently mostly been about travels in the UK. So quick update: job is still good. I've finished all my mandatory training. The last one was on mental health awareness, which was really interesting. Volunteer work is great, I still absolutely love it. I have training next week on mental health awareness, specifically focused on victims of torture. I am very much looking forward to that! Richard and I are very well and still enjoying living together. We still cook a lot, trying new recipes every week!
This last weekend, we headed to the Lake District, Keswick specifically, to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We had a lovely weekend of hiking and exploring the area! It was so amazing. We went for a nice meal on the Sunday, at the local pub called the Pheasant. Good food, good beer and good times!
We really enjoyed going hiking. We went on 4 walks in the 3 days we were there. I think this might be my new favourite activity! I need to buy some proper gear (hiking boots are essential) but we are thinking of going hiking at least once per month. There are tons of walking trails in the Lake District and in the North Yorkshire Moors which are both only 2 hours away. Good way to get exercise and some fresh air!
We have also booked our trip to France! We are flying to Nimes on the 13th of July. We will spend a good week at Richard's parents house, near Avignon, exploring the area and relaxing in the sun (lots of good wine will also be involved). On the 19th, we head back to Nimes to see Portishead in concert! The venue is incredible, it basically looks like the Coliseum in Rome. The next day, we head to the coast for 3 nights: 2 nights in Cassis, 1 night in Fréjus. Then back to Richard's parents house for one day until we fly home the next. I am so excited about this trip :)
oooh!! :) Say hi to Avignon for me!!!
ReplyDeleteYa un MÉGA festival de théâtre là-bas que j'aimerais bien voir un jour! :)
Ah ouin? Cool! J'ai hâte de visiter Avignon ... et de danser sur le pont ;)
ReplyDelete