Sunday, 4 September 2011

Books

I love reading. Here's a list of the books I've enjoyed over the past year. You'll probably notice a recurring theme: Afghanistan and Pakistan. I am absolutely fascinated with these beautiful countries, rich in culture, history and overflowing with stories of injustice, hope and revival. There's a mix of fiction and non-fiction. There's some feminism. There's some weirdness. Here it goes, in no particular order.

Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
Stones into Schools by Greg Mortenson
Half the Sky by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl Wudunn
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Tescopoly by Andrew Simms
Let them Eat Junk by Robert Albritton
Millennium 2 by Stieg Larsson
Millennium 3 by Stieg Larsson
Doing Anti-Oppressive Practice by Donna Baines
The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill
Beatrice and Virgil by Yann Martel
No and Me by Delphine DeVigan
Are you Dave Gorman? by Dave Gorman
Googlewack by Dave Gorman 

I am currently reading: The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad.

I'd love to know what you're reading!

Looove

No comments:

Post a Comment