There's snow!!!!!!! Yesterday it snowed and it was wonderful. I walked home from the gym in a whirlwind of it. I couldn't help but smile all the way back. And like it couldn't get any better, today was gorgeous! One of those lovely cold, dry and sunny winter days with snow and the smell of burning wood everywhere. I was so happy I thought I would burst!
![]() |
| View from our room today |
Been having a fantastic week. Things on the volunteer side are finally moving.
-I had an interview today for the work as a Teaching Assistant. The people there are just so nice!
-Handed my papers for the Criminal Records Check for the work as a Support Worker.Now I just have to wait!
-Got a meeting with another volunteer organization to be an Outreach Support Worker. I will also be helping them out with their Christmas distribution of presents in a few weeks.
Other than that, I am officially registered with the GSCC (Order of Social Workers)! So I can work as a social worker now. This opens up so many more doors. And I thought that wouldn't get through until March!
Had a wonderful weekend in Nottingham. The first night we got there we (Richard, his brother, his brother's fiancée and I) had a really nice long chat! Then the next day we visited Wollaton Hall, Nottingham Castle and the Oldest Pub in England (1189 AD) (in order on pictures below). We then went to a lovely Chinese restaurant and some really great bars! Had loads of fun dancing! On the way home on Sunday we stopped into Brayton to visit Richard's parents. Had a really nice visit and lovely diner!
Well that's it for now! I miss you all very much and hope you are all doing well!




No comments:
Post a Comment