My head is certainly still on holiday mode even though we have been back from France for 2 days now. I miss the sunshine and the delicious food, but after almost 2 weeks on holidays, I felt relaxed and ready to come home. It was such a great trip!
Highlights:
Highlights:
Swimming in the Mediterranean
Visiting loads of cute villages
Drinking lots of good wine, eating amazing good
Managing to read an entire issue of The Economist
Soaking up some sunshine
Seeing Portishead and Mogwai live in an old Roman Coliseum
I've just uploaded my pictures but I have yet to organize them and post them on Facebook (and a few on this blog of course). It's going to be difficult choosing which pictures to share, considering we took about 400!
Remaining ambitions for the summer/fall:
-Visiting David and Claire in Nottingham
-Going surfing
-Camping one night on the beach
-Camping in the North Yorkshire Moors
-Spending one weekend in York with Richard and eating at the Blue Bicycle
-Seeing Marie-Andrée and Melinda in York in September
-Going to Prague in October
Other than that:
Today I started working part-time at another Richmond Fellowship service in the area. I will continue to work part-time at the place I currently work but I was offered some extra hours at this other place (bringing me to full-time hours in total). I worked 5 hours today and I really enjoyed it. The focus is a bit different at this new service. It is therapeutically intensive and they work almost exclusively with people who have Personality Disorder. They use a psycho-dynamic approach and the service users's days are very structured (lots of groups, activities and therapy sessions).
The idea was to hire me as a casual worker for 2 weeks then give me a 3 month contract to begin with (to be extended: I am covering maternity leave). However, they found out last week that they can't hire me as a casual (because I have a permanent contract with Richmond Fellowship) nor can they give me a contract without posting the job internally (because I already work for Richmond Fellowship). Basically, they will post the job internally for 7 days and if no one else applies for it, it's mine. If not, they must conduct interviews. I was a bit disappointed because I really want to work there and I thought I was starting officially this week. I'm really hoping this will work out! It would be fantastic experience. Oh well, que sera sera!
Hope you are all well, please send me some news when you get a chance!
Looove
-Going to Prague in October
Other than that:
Today I started working part-time at another Richmond Fellowship service in the area. I will continue to work part-time at the place I currently work but I was offered some extra hours at this other place (bringing me to full-time hours in total). I worked 5 hours today and I really enjoyed it. The focus is a bit different at this new service. It is therapeutically intensive and they work almost exclusively with people who have Personality Disorder. They use a psycho-dynamic approach and the service users's days are very structured (lots of groups, activities and therapy sessions).
The idea was to hire me as a casual worker for 2 weeks then give me a 3 month contract to begin with (to be extended: I am covering maternity leave). However, they found out last week that they can't hire me as a casual (because I have a permanent contract with Richmond Fellowship) nor can they give me a contract without posting the job internally (because I already work for Richmond Fellowship). Basically, they will post the job internally for 7 days and if no one else applies for it, it's mine. If not, they must conduct interviews. I was a bit disappointed because I really want to work there and I thought I was starting officially this week. I'm really hoping this will work out! It would be fantastic experience. Oh well, que sera sera!
Hope you are all well, please send me some news when you get a chance!
Looove
Oooh we're just going to miss eachother!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you're having fun!
Miss you!
I know! Sorry we can't make it the same weekend you're going, I'm working :( Miss you too!
ReplyDelete