My friend is in a fantastic folk-indie band called The Most Loyals. Have a listen! Click Here.
My other friend is an amazing artist, and she's working on a 365 day project, posting a new painting every day for 1 year. I've posted a link to her blog before. But I wanted to share a painting she made for me. It's now with me in England, ready to be framed and hung. Click Here to see it.
I have talented friends :)
I'll be posting pictures soon of our flat. It's been over 1 year, it's about time I show y'all where I live! I'm also planning on wandering around Heaton this week to take pictures of my neighbourhood. It's a pretty one. And worth sharing I think! Especially against these beautiful blue skies we've been having.
News:
Last weekend we went over to York, to have a pre-Christmas meal with Richard's parents. We started the day by wandering around York, and exploring the wonderful Christmas Fayre they have every year. We had a great catch-up with Richard's parents, and saw their pictures from their adventures in and around Egypt.
Ohhh. We've been watching 'Jamie's Great Britain' for the past few weeks. It's a television series based on his new cookbook, which is all about food in Great Britain. He explores the origins of traditional British food, most of which comes from anywhere but Britain: Russia, Rome, India, etc. And how it's changed over the centuries, with flows of immigration and cultural changes. Amazing series!
My favourite British foods:
-Curry
-Steak and Ale and Mushroom pie
-Bangers and Mash
-Fish and Chips ... I'm even warming up to mushy peas.
Not much news. Except ... we'll be in Canada in less than 3 weeks! Yippee! In the meantime, we're preparing for our travels. And I'm really enjoying this lovely cold whether we're having in Newcastle. So crisp and fresh, makes you want to sit by a fire, whilst listening to some music and drinking mulled wine. Life is good.
Looove
No comments:
Post a Comment