We spent our last week in Europe, and of our extended trip, in the UK seeing friends and family in Nottingham and Newcastle. It was bitter-sweet to say 'hello' but then 'goodbye' to so many people that we love. It was also hard, especially for me, to say goodbye to Newcastle. It was my home for over 6 years and I loved it. It's an amazing city and I have countless good memories there, including meeting Richard all those years ago. I can't really describe the feeling to be honest... England was so good to me and I'm sad to leave.
The week was cold and rainy which is about right. I saw lots of old friends and colleagues and got some last minute things done before the big move. It was pretty hectic. Then on the Friday we travelled down to London, all the way to Gatwick, for our flight to Ottawa.
Our last flights of the trip (flights 18 and 19 respectively!) went very well and Richard was granted permanent residency in St-John's Newfoundland on Canada Day. Although we were tired and jet-lagged it was a pretty awesome moment. The border officer even gave Richard his Canada day pin as a 'welcome' gift. Here's Richard looking pretty proud:
So that's the end of our travels! But not really. We already have a list of other places we'd like to go, all in due time. Here it is:
-We'd like to do a long weekend in NY and a long weekend in Washington.
-And we'd like to visit the East Coast of Canada, West Coast of Canada, West Coast of the USA, Northern Canada, go back to Japan but also visit Nepal and Thailand in the same trip, and do another Europe trip to incorporate some of the cities we haven't seen yet like Bruges. Phew ...
It's been amazing ... but on to new beginnings in Ottawa! Life is good and it's still summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment