Tuesday, 18 January 2011

A little rant about driving lessons

I did NOT enjoy my driving lesson today. 

I was going on roundabouts, going into 4th gear, going on the highway and turning right on intersections, all for the first time .... on the LEFT side of the road of course. Ta-bar-nak. The instructor made me feel like a complete idiot, for example, by talking loudly at me for turning into the right lane instead of the left lane, without having told me before turning that that's what you have to do: after 8 years of driving, it's ingrained in my head to stay on RIGHT. A little bit of understanding S-V-P?? He is condescending and doesn't actually say when I'm doing anything right, or improving, only the things I do wrong (which is an approach that simply does NOT work with me). He keeps asking very inappropriate questions (i.e. how are you managing to live without having a job right now?? In a are-you-mooching-off-the-government type of tone). He asks me questions about moving here, not because he is curious and friendly but because he just doesn't understand why someone would want to move. Doesn't seem to quite understand (or more importantly, doesn't WANT to understand) why anyone would ever want to leave or explore any other place but their own. I - don't - like -him. Then at the end of the lesson, he tells me to relax, to which I felt like replying .... you can guess the rest. But I remained polite and simply told him: it's stressful driving on the wrong side of the road. 

Anyways, on a more positive note, here are some pictures of sheep (I agree Sarah D, I really could have put more pictures of sheep up ... as Richard knows, I have many): 
Irish sheep. 

English sheep. 
And as I am not as good as Rick Mercer at ranting (one day I hope to be), I thought I would throw THIS in (about weather in Canada).  



No comments:

Post a Comment